2018-09-23 14:47:23 UTC
A workshop on Wikimedia copyright-related topics will take place on 20-21
October in Bangalore or slightly around. Pre-event session is on 19 October
Any Wikimedian from South Indian states Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala,
Tamil Nadu, Telangana, who are actively working, may apply to participate
in the workshop.
The primary resource person of the workshop will be User:Yann
Some of the topics to be discussed during the workshop are (more topics may
- Different Creative Commons licenses (CC licences) and terminologies
such as CC, SA, BY, ND, NC, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0
- Public domain in general and Public domain in India
- Copyright of photos of different things such as painting, sculpture,
monument, coins, banknotes, book covers, etc.
- Freedom of Panorama
- Personality rights
- Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA, specially impact on Indian works)
- Government Open Data License India (GODL)
- *topic may be added based on needs-assessment of the participants*
Please see the event page here, and consider joining:
Partial participation is not allowed. In order to bridge gendergap, female
Wikimedians are encouraged to apply.
Note: If I don't reply to your email in 2 days, please feel free to remind
me over email or phone call.