2018-08-16 07:09:58 UTC
This year, Wiki Loves Monument is being organized in India jointly by West
Bengal Wikimedians and Punjabi Wikimedians user groups.
Link of the event -
The competition will be open for photographers from 1 September to 30
September, 2018. This year, we are focusing on Archaeological Survey of
India and state protected monuments, the list of which can be found here
Apart from the basic rules, the jury
of the national competition will determine the winners of the national
contest taking into the consideration the following criteria. In order of
importance, the criteria are as follows:
* Effort put into researching the subject and taking the image - we welcome
descriptive notes on the subject, how the the photo was taken, processed
* Quality of description provided on the image (in any language) [judged
primarily on the basis of what is provided by the image submitter rather
than other contributors]
* Value of the image in terms of usage - ideally demonstrated by usage in
any language Wikipedia with appropriate captions and well-referenced text
surrounding the image that demonstrates that the article has been greatly
enhanced by the image
* Value of the image based on uniqueness - is it filling a blank, is it
from a location that is hard to reach, is it the only image of its kind etc.
* Technical quality (sharpness, use of light, perspective, composition,
Grounds for rejection of submitted images can include but are not limited
* suspected of copyright violation.
* if required jury members may contact participants via talk pages or
email - if they cannot be reached or responses to emails are not received
within 48 hours - then the submission may be considered suspect and be
rejected, participants may please ensure that they enable email, watch talk
pages, and check their spam folders.
* lack of full EXIF information - where possible, contributors should
include (or link to file versions with EXIF) other versions/from other
angles in the other versions details.
* excessive processing, use of filters that are unrealistic.
* image does not document monument faithfully enough.
* watermarks, credit to author is ensured through the license and shall not
be included in the image.
* resolution below 2 megapixel.
The first 10 national prize winners will get the following awards, -
* 1st place - INR 10,000 worth gift voucher + post card
* 2nd place - INR 7,000 worth gift voucher + post card
* 3rd place - INR 4,000 worth gift voucher + post card
* 4th-10th place - INR 2000 worth gift voucher each + post card
The first 10 national winning photographs will represent India and will be
sent to international jury team for further review and they will select 10
best photographs from all participating countries.
For further queries, please keep an eye on this FAQ page
We are still updating...
So, please be ready to take part in one of the largest photo-competition
covering heritage. The event is just 15 days away!!!
from WLM organizing team in India