Indic Wikisource IRC 2018
Add Reply
Jayanta Nath
2018-08-26 08:34:34 UTC
Dear All,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the continuous support and
contribution to the Wikimedia movement.

You are aware that after implemented Google OCR into Indic Wikisource, they
grew rapidly, reaching a total of 50,000+ pages proofreaded in 11 Indic
Wikisource languages. For updated page/ digitised content you go here
<https://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Indic_Wikisource_Stats>[2]

But Indic community members have not got any chance to meet each other and
share best practices of their community. Keeping this in mind we are
planning to have an IRC[1] on 1st September 2018 (@8:00 PM) for the Indic
Wikisource community. Please suggest more Agenda for the IRC in Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11T9qUpNfx6wY06mVQ8XqXox26PP34eEPyswz8qP_xwU/edit?usp=sharing>
[3]

[1]. https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#cis-a2k
[2]. *https://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Indic_Wikisource_Stats
<https://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Indic_Wikisource_Stats>*
[3].
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11T9qUpNfx6wY06mVQ8XqXox26PP34eEPyswz8qP_xwU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks and Regards,

*Jayanta Nath*

Wikisource Project advisor

Access to Knowledge program

The Centre for Internet & Society
Jayanta Nath
2018-08-31 04:21:32 UTC
Dear All,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the continuous support and
contribution to the Wikimedia movement.

You are aware that after implemented Google OCR into Indic Wikisource, they
grew rapidly, reaching a total of 50,000+ pages proofreaded in 11 Indic
Wikisource languages. For updated page/ digitized content you go here

planning to have an IRC[1] on 9th September 2018 (@8:00 PM) for the Indic

[3]. https://docs.google.com/document/d/11T9qUpNfx6wY06mVQ8XqXox26PP34

Jayanta Nath
2018-09-06 14:41:57 UTC
Sorry for cross-posting!

Reminder: IRC[1] on 9th September 2018 (@8:00 PM) for the Indic Wikisource
community. on #cis-a2k <https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#cis-a2k>.

This IRC Meeting monthly support event for volunteers.

If you know already what you would like to discuss or ask, please add your
topic to the next meeting: [3]

Hope to see you there!

Post by Jayanta Nath
Dear All,
Firstly I would like to thank you for the continuous support and
contribution to the Wikimedia movement.
You are aware that after implemented Google OCR into Indic Wikisource,
they grew rapidly, reaching a total of 50,000+ pages proofreaded in 11
Indic Wikisource languages. For updated page/ digitized content you go
Jayanta Nath
2018-09-08 14:14:59 UTC
The Indic Wikisource IRC starts in next 15 minutes at 8 pm(IST). Please
consider joining. Thanks. https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#cis-a2k
Sorry for cross-posting!